Set for a July 2015 debut with a firm premiere date still to come, some new information has been released regarding the Charlotte original anime series. According to the site, the fleshed out main cast has now been revealed with who is playing which character, which you can see below with detailed descriptions of each character. Before this, we got the news that Lia and Aoi Tada are performing the opening and closing songs respectively for the series with original creator Jun Maeda providing the lyrics and doing the composition for both songs. Background music for the series is being done by ZHIEND with Marina Nakamura doing the vocals for it and Maeda is involved in the composition there as well, though Hikarisyuyo is involved there as well. Both Lia and Tada have worked on some very popular shows before, from Angel Beats to Little Busters! and Air.
The property is an original work from Jun Maeda and will have original character designs provided by Na-Ga, who did the designs for Angel Beats and Little Busters in their original works. The series will be animated by P.A. Works. We now know that Yoshiyuki Asai will be directing the series proper and that the character design adaptation will be done by Kanami Sekiguchi.
The characters in the series include:
- Kouki Uchiyama as Yuu Otosaka – a rude, bad student with the ability to hijack the bodies of others for five seconds. Uses the ability to memorize test answers of better students
- Ayane Sakura as Nao Tomori – the hard working but narcissist student council president with the ability to remove herself from the vision of one person at a time. She’s also hug fan of one of the series to bands, ZHIEND (as in “The End”). Maeda will be writing English language for this post-rock band, but not composing the music. That group’s front person will be a singer named Sarah
- Takahiro Mizushima as Joujirou Takajou – a similar character Takamatsu from Angel Beats! who can move at such high speeds that he looks like he’s teleporting. However, he’s not totally able to control where he stops, so he has to wear protective gear under his school uniform to prevent injury.
- Maaya Uchida as Nishimori Yusa – vocalist for the band How-Low-Hello and a medium able to speak to the dead. She uncontrollably channels her deceased elder sister. When this occurs her appearance changes, as seen in the above image, such as her eye color from blue to red. Maeda will be doing lyrics and composing How-Low-Hello’s music.
- Momo Asakura as Ayumi Otosaka
Plot concept: Set in a word in which a small percent of children manifest super powers upon reaching puberty, the series follows the Nouryokusha mono, power bearer, members of the “Hoshi No Umi” Academy student council as they help peers with problems arising from their abilities.
[Source: ANN ]